Jey's Stuff II

Comment on my blog, dammit!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Jey in Queensland – brought to from Boganshire

[I wrote this post yesterday arvo, haven't been able to get online.]

I’ve been here for a week now, I think it’s still all sinking in.

Feeling bloody crook, I don’t want to get sick!

The house is coming together quite well. Andy still needs to find a place for a few bits and bobs and complete his office and the garage, but I’ve pretty much done most of what I have to. I need to finish the bar though. Shouldn’t take longer than an hour. I cleaned for 3 hours yesterday. It was horrid. Once I start getting paid, I’m going to be paying to get the place cleaned regularly, so shouldn’t have to deal with that again.

I managed to avoid most of the heavy lifting involved in packing and unpacking. Thanks to those who helped!

Julia has returned to Canberra. I look forward to seeing her when I’m down at the end of Feb.

Next Monday I am going into the city and to QUT to meet my supervisor and the post-graduate convener. I’m catching the same train as Andy so hopefully it won’t end in tears. The Brisbane public transport is very very useful so I’ve got various options, all noted, and I’ve photocopied lots of maps. Hopefully, the adventure doesn’t end in tears.

I’ve got some piccies to share but I’ll post them up separately. There’s a few more I wanna take.

We are near Marsden State High School, they have the most awful school uniforms in the world. They are brown, brown and brown. I’d post piccies of that but I don’t want to go around photographing high school children.

I can see the McDonald’s M from my shower at night, this bother me. KFC is really nearby and sometimes the smell wafts in. This is rather torturous as I can’t eat KFC. The closest servo was held up twice this month, both times the perps got away with nothing. Still kinda creepy. The library is nice, has cheap photocopying, but smells funny. I think it’s a new building.

I’ve lived on Northbourne Avenue but this place, and my last place, are much noisier. I prefer the noise of constant traffic to birds, lotsa birds. Here, there’s birds and traffic. Should get used to it soon though.

The house has some annoying oddities. There are light switches in bizarre places. Everyone time I walk into my office I reach to the right to turn on the light switch and it’s not there then, I curse, “Fucking light switch!”

Something runs across our roof around 6am, without fail. If it's a possum, it's freakin' huge!

My car has seen the inside of the garage! Andy made room for it. It’s a tight squeeze and you have to be really careful reversing, but it fits.

The drive up was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I was quite drowsy before the first stop and I was worried that I was going to have to stop every hour and the drive would take forever. After that first stop, I was fine though. We stayed in Goondiwindi. Cute caravan park. It’s getting a spa and pool put in this year, pity it didn’t have it put in last year.

Being feeling a bit down today and yesterday. Was walking through the small plaza near us. It wasn’t anything new or exciting, just different, and I nearly started crying, thinking ‘I live here now.’

Still not confident I am going to be able to handle living with Andy.

The suburb we live in is really nice. The houses are huge, on huge blocks, and all have these huge ‘fuck off I don’t want you to see my property’ fences. Haven’t checked out the lagoon yet but hope to by the end of the weekend.

Hello to all my Canberra peeps. I miss you!

Thankyou to all of you on the webosphere who sent me well-wishes. :)

Outie.



"Well if you're not going to talk to me I'm going to talk to my orange" - Adam (my 14-year-old brother).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 3/2/07 11:35, Blogger Enny said...

Glad to hear you made it in safely.

I can't imagine how I would cope moving interstate so it sounds like you're doing really well - can't wait to see the pics!

I have KFC smell coming into my work - you walk out at five and it just hits you!

 
At 3/2/07 15:15, Blogger Jey said...

That'd suck, being a vegan.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

 
At 5/2/07 06:32, Blogger Greg Tannahill said...

Missing you! Come back soon. With presents.

 
At 6/2/07 12:16, Blogger Jey said...

I miss you too.
I am sad today. Stupid family services, stupid Adam's father.

You wanna talk about presents? Where's my present from Perth?!?!
:p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home