Jey's Stuff II

Comment on my blog, dammit!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Fall-off-the-bed-and-into-the-wall insurance

I'm clumsy, really freakin' clumsy. I'm kinda big, really unco and don't carry myself well. I hurt myself a lot. So far, other things, such as the inanimate objects I injure myself on, remain unscathed.

Andy was buying insurance for the new house, the salesperson offered him 'accidental damage insurance' or as they refer to it in the office 'klutz insurance'. Andy lovingly informed me he thought of me, particularly the time I fell off the bed and into the wall.

I assured him that the wall was fine, and it was me who came off second best. He retorted that the wall was concrete and they're not as solid in the new house.

"Hello, yes. I'd like to make a claim on my accidental damage insurance. My partner has just fallen off the bed and dented the wall."

What insurance do you need? Got-the-shits-and-smashed-the-dishes insurance? The-puppy-chewed-my-shoe insurance (Kerces, I'm looking at you ;))? Got-drunk-and -lost-my-keys-insurance?
Go on, share, what personalised insurance cover would suit you?


"Well if you're not going to talk to me I'm going to talk to my orange" - Adam (my 14-year-old brother).

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 15/1/07 17:51, Blogger Enny said...

I'd like 'accidentally locked the flyscreen behind you on a 35 degree day in your purple cow boxers and singlet (braless)' insurance.

I had to bend the screen door to get back in.

 
At 16/1/07 13:01, Blogger Desci said...

I think I'd need 'just wasn't thinking/being lazy' insurance. You know, when you reach for something rather than getting up, and end up tipping things over. Or when you're carrying too many things because you don't wanna do two trips, and end up losing the lot. 'THat was NEVER gonna work' insurance.

I hope my general 'Fuckwit Insurance' covers it.

 
At 16/1/07 13:06, Blogger Jey said...

hmm, it should do Desci.

Enny: I can picture it right now!

I forgot to mention that we also have tsunami insurance. So, when that cataclysmic comet splashes into the ocean, we're covered.

 
At 16/1/07 14:17, Blogger Jey said...

Now I need the 'spilt soft drink all over the newspaper and now I'm a sad Jey, THEN spilt it again five minutes later on the computer desk' insurance.

I give up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home