Jey's Stuff II

Comment on my blog, dammit!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More boxes, tape, and where the hell is that bloody marker?!?!

Oh, the joys of moving!
The house is chaos. I'm not even sure what I'm doing any more. You know when there's a really big job to be done, like cleaning a disasterously messy room, and there's just no plan or sense of organisation to the job?
That's what it's like right now. A bit done over here, start a job over there, wrap up something there, move that four inches to the left, check my email.
The system has dissolved into a mess of newspaper.
It'd be nice to be so extravagantly rich to be able to pay people to pack your house up, move all your stuff and unpack it in the new place. Oh how luxurious!

This will be my last entry in Canberra. (I may post when I visit Canberra, however it is unlikely as visits will only be for a few days and I probably won't have easy web access). Still feeling 'meh' about most aspects of the move. Rather 'gah!' about moving in with Andy though. I cried last night at the thought of having to live with someone. Since overcoming depression, I have really enjoyed living on my own. I'm concerned about being grumpy often and that affecting Andy and not being able to relax because of the constant presence of someone else. I have the ability to adapt pretty well and everyone keeps saying, 'You'll be fine', so I'll try to stop worrying.

On the drive up, my first long distance drive ever, we are taking the inland route. We'll be going through all these crazy country towns. I have visions of the land being all dry and dusty, quintessential Australiana bush landscape. I've also fears of car break-downs and Wolf Creek type characters. Looking forward to all the yummy travel munchies though. Andy bought a bunch of Powerade and Red Eye, he'll be off his face! :p

*BIG HUGS* to all my Canberra peeps, I'll see you around the 23rd of Feb (My birthday weekend *hint hint*).

Guess I'll bugger off and do something productive now.
Over and out.

P.S Where the hell is that bloody marker?!?!

"Well if you're not going to talk to me I'm going to talk to my orange" - Adam (my 14-year-old brother).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 24/1/07 20:44, Blogger Hambo said...

Good luck with the move and all. Like me. You will be glad to leave Canberra.

However. I miss the tradies after work. Ahhh good times.

 
At 25/1/07 13:56, Blogger RandomGit said...

A Wolf Creek Adventure Encounter can be arranged on request, for the usual fee of course.

 
At 30/1/07 00:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a safe trip Jey.

Good luck with the PhD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home