Jey's Stuff II

Comment on my blog, dammit!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Let them eat bread!

Deeks Bakery and Cafe has opened a store in Dickson (opposite the Post Office), in addition to their long-running Pierce store.

I got rather excited when I discovered this the other day. Being gluten and lactose intolerant bread is not part of my diet and sorely missed. There are products available, but they are rather sub-par and crumble like a dry muffin.

ALL of Deeks' products are gluten free and all of the breads, except two, are lactose free. I was torn between the sundried tomato and basil bread and the herb and olive bread. It really would have been nice to try them all, but finances aren't so free at the moment.

I purchased the herb and olive bread, I also enquired about the cakes, asking if any are lactose free. The biscuits are, but currently all of the cakes contain lactose, Deeks' is, however "always working on new products".

I sliced up my bread on arriving home and had it with some nuttleex. Delicious!
It didn't crumble into a million pieces and had a soft texture. Sure, it's not exactly like a slice of 'normal' bread but it's the best darn gluten free bread I've ever had.

I look forward to having some grilled, which I might do right now ;)
I also look forward to trying more of the breads and other goodies from the bakery.


"Well if you're not going to talk to me I'm going to talk to my orange" - Adam (my 14-year-old brother).

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 17/1/07 10:01, Blogger RandomGit said...

If they make gluten free pide then we can expect you to be in a better place I imagine.

Nice ad on Riotact BTW.

 
At 17/1/07 10:13, Blogger Jey said...

Pide, aye? Sounds nice.
Thanks RG and thanks for posting! :D

 
At 17/1/07 10:30, Blogger RandomGit said...

No worries, it is a worthy blog.

Now go to makinggirlsrun.com to fill up on Hambo and RG goodness :)

 
At 17/1/07 10:43, Blogger Jey said...

I read it. I just never know what to say. And I don't watch the u-toobs coz I've only got dial-up. I should have broadband in a few weeks though.
Then it'll all make much more sense.

 
At 17/1/07 11:01, Blogger RandomGit said...

Well, my next round of posts will be dial up friendly in that they don't have any videos in them :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home